- Black Candle
Katha Dance Theatre
Katha Dance Theatre is proud to present a revival of one of its classic repertory works, Black Candle. Based on the award-winning poetry of Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, Black Candle is a tribute to the strength and tenacity of South Asian women. It uses Kathak dance combined with text and music to evoke female joy, love, pain and resilience. Coming to the Southern Theater June 3 - 5, 2022.
Tickets (on sale beginning May 9): General admission - $25 at the door ($20 in advance), Students and seniors (65+) with valid ID - $18.
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through grants from the Minnesota State Arts Board and the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund. It is also made possible by general operating support from the RBC Foundation and A&B Walker Family Foundation, and by the generosity of KDT's private donors.
Photo credit: Erik Saulitis
- Mask-wearing is mandatory for all attendees.
- We will require either proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination regimen or proof of a negative COVID-19 test (taken within 72 hours of the event).
- The COVID-19 vaccination card must show a completed regimen that concluded at least 14 days before the date of the event.
- Proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test must be shown at time of entry and must match the ticket holders ID.
- Attendees may present a physical vaccination record card, a physical negative test result, or a digital document on a mobile device (such as a photo image of a vaccination record card or the Docket app).